The SANDD mini™ is a portable sharps needle destruction device for use in the home or hospital setting. It uses electrical current to incinerate 27-33 gauge hypodermic needles 5/16 to 1/2 inch in length attached to insulin pens, disposable pre-filled syringes of 1/3 cc to 3 cc volume in size, and lancets.
Included with each SANDD mini™ purchase:
- One (1) 1cc Syringe Insert
- One (1) Power Adapter
- One (1) Battery Pack
- One (1) Year Warranty On Device & Battery
Needle Stick Injury is a Serious Risk:
- Approximately 800,000 needle stick injuries per year
- An individual may incur direct costs between $500 – $3,000 per injury
- Needle stick injuries can cost the medical industry up to $1.2 billion annually
- Sharps mail back programs range between $0.28 – $0.90 per needle
The SANDD mini™ uses a rechargeable 11.1-volt battery to deliver an electrical current to produce an arc of electricity directed at the tip of the needle and lancet, will incinerate them. The device also includes a small molded port at the top, which can be used to straighten needles that are bent prior to destruction.
The SANDD mini™ uses a large button as the switch to turn on the device and activate the circuit that supplies the charge. Before first use, the SANDD mini™ battery should be charged for 12 hours. A fully charged battery will incinerate up to 200 needles or lancets before needing to be recharged. The battery can be partially charged by the wall transformer within 45 to 90 minutes. The SANDD mini™ can be utilized when the battery is recharging.
The device exterior surface is off-white PC/ ABS (flame-retardant) Resin with a yellow needle port.