The SANDD mini ™
- Uses an electrical arc to incinerate 27-33 gauge hypodermic needles from 5/16 to 5/8 inch in length and can be attached to 1cc and 3cc syringes. Insulin pen needles and lancets can also be incinerated.
- Uses a rechargeable 11.1-volt battery to deliver an electrical current producing an arc of electricity directed at the tip of the needle and lancet, incinerating them.
- The device also includes a small molded port at the top, which can be used to straighten needles that are bent prior to destruction.
- Uses a large button as the switch to turn on the device and activate the circuit that supplies the charge.
- Before first use, the SANDD mini™ battery should be charged for 12 hours.
- A fully charged battery will incinerate up to 200 needles or lancets before needing to be recharged.
- The battery can be partially charged within 45 to 90 minutes.
- The SANDD mini™ can be utilized when the battery is recharging.
- The device exterior surface is off-white PC/ ABS (flame-retardant) Resin with a yellow needle port.
- The tear-shaped SANDD mini™ measures approximately 15cm x 10cm x 5cm and weighs approximately 450 grams
- The SANDD mini™ is to be used in close proximity to the site of needle use.
Turn insulin syringes and pen needles into common household trash.